- In 1995 Rini graduated in Technical Informatics (M.Sc.) from Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands (section Information Systems).
- In 2000 he received his Ph.D. in management science from Eindhoven University of Technology (section Information & Technology).
- Parallel to his PhD project he was employed from 1995-1999 as a senior quality engineer at the R&D department of Schlumberger Retail Petroleum Systems (later taken over by Tokheim).
- After his PhD graduation Rini was head of the Quality and Process Improvement department at the Fraunhofer Institute for Experimental Software Engineering in Kaiserslautern.
- From 2001-2008, Rini was a principal consultant at CMG (later named: LogicaCMG and Logica), during the last one-and-a-half year he held the competence development manager position for the complete industry division (Industry, Distribution & Transport), at that time: 1.200 people.
- From 2003- 2007 he was a professor (Dutch: lector) in quality management and quality engineering at the Stenden University (part-time).
- From 2008 to 2009 Rini was the Chief Technology Officer at Mavim.
- Rini is appointed (since August 2010) as a part-time full professor at Delft University of Technology on the topic of Globally Distributed Software Engineering (department of Electronics, Mathematics and Computer Science).
- Rini van Solingen is also the CTO of Prowareness (since April 2010).
My detailed C.V. is available here.